Sunday, March 27, 2011

There Is Power In The Blood

THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Eph 1:7)Online Giving.





When I was a young boy, I thought I wanted to become a doctor. I read Issac Asimov's book on the Human Body and Grey's Anatomy. I watched the TV show Medical Center every week and used to play games where we would rush people into surgery and save their lives. That was until the day when I encountered real blood. I was playing football around the trailer I grew up in. I was tackled and slid into a metal frame the held up an oil barrel that was used to provide fuel for the trailer. My knee was completely gashed open. It was a mess. I nearly fainted. I also decided that maybe I wasn't cut out for the medial field because I really couldn't take the sight of blood.

Most people are like that. We don't like to talk about unpleasant things like blood. In fact, the blood of Jesus is something that is missing from the message that many churches preach in America today. It's not politically correct. It's not seeker friendly to talk about the blood. But without the blood of Jesus Christ there is no forgiveness of sins. There is no sacrifice without bloodshed. In the tabernacle we see an amazing picture of the power of the blood. The High Priest would enter into the Holy of Holies once year to sprinkle blood on the Mercy Seat. The Mercy Seat sat on top of the Ark of the Covenant where the 10 Commandments were housed. If you could imagine, the mercy seat would be sprinkled with blood. The blood dripping down would cover what? The law. The law told us that the wages of sin is death, but the blood of Jesus dripping from the Mercy Seat covered our sins and released us from our debt of sin. It was the picture of total forgiveness.

As we enter the Easter season where we are remembering the death and resurrection of Jesus, I pray that the power of God's forgiveness would be unleashed in your life as you realize that your sins have been washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ.

PRAY FOR JAPAN: We have all been shocked by the recent tragedy in Japan. I have friends and relatives in Japan. Thankfully they are safe. I believe this is an incredible opportunity for the Body of Christ to demonstrate the love and power of the Christian God to the people of Japan. There will be a special prayer meeting at The Shoreline Sunday, March 27 at 7:00 pm.




We have started webcasting our services. You can view them at USTREAM. You can also catch up on studies that you've missed or perhaps your following us from a distance at VIMEO.




Roxie and I are praying for you...
Blessings
P.HD

No comments:

Post a Comment

check out my other websites...
HollandDavis.com
HealingWordSongs.com
IWillStandSongs.com
LetItRiseBook.com
WorshipSong.com
WorshipLifeCalvary.org